Thursday 18 June 2015

IQC#17--- Quillography

Hello Friends!

This is Jasleen here with my inspiration project for this month's challenge, which is all about Quillography or quilled typography. In simple words, your project must contain atleast one quilled alphabet or number.

Here's what I have come up with :--



It's a framed wall-art with a quilled word 'home' surrounded by the other quilled elements which  denote my idea of a dream home --- amidst nature ;).

Most of the quilling is done using 5mm width quilling strips, except the waterfalls, which was done with 3 mm width quillling strips. And I realised that working with 5 mm strips was easier as compared to 3 mm, as far as typography is concerned.



The frame is handmade as well and for that, I followed a tutorial on Inna's blog here.

I personally enjoyed making this one because I was actually able to express  my own idea of a dream home through these colourful strips of paper. :) Hope you like it too as much as I did.

Look forward to your participation. Link your entries here.

Have a creative day !

9 comments:

  1. Lovely Lovely Lovely!!!!!!! Sheer beauty!!! Kudos Jasleen! It's so amazing and it epesents so my kind of deam house too ! :-D

    Cheers!
    -Priyanka Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and adorable project Jasleen! Love it! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is fantabulous..!!! I just loved it to bits.! From the very idea to the amazing details.. The waterfall is totally out of the world.!
    Hats off Jasleen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Riswana. I'm happy that you loved it :)

      Delete
  4. It's so gorgeous Jas ..Awesome quilling love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear....I really enjoyed doing it. :)

      Delete
  5. This is so so lovely, everything compliments each other so beautifully :) I just love the details,, waterfalls, rainbow, that lil birdy, mr.caterpillar, music notes!! Whoa this is fantabulous, creativity at its best ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete